ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Scheduler

1996-11-07 00:09:57
Subject: Re: ADSM - Scheduler
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:09:57 EST
On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:51:38 +0100 Werner Thoeni said:
>So we have observed, that this schedule is executed on some of the nodes
>but not on every node. The scheduler-log on the client says, that the
>schedule has been executed, as defined, but not in reality. Has anybody
>an idea, or has anybody had the same problem ??

Werner,

You don't say how you determined that the scheduler did not run in reality.
I have observed that at some level of the AIX ADSM client IBM changed the
default logging option from -VERBOSE to -QUIET.  This makes the scheduler
log very short, and might be interpreted as "not running in reality".
Could this perhaps be what is happening?

You might check (1) what QUERY EVENT reports, and (2) what the ADSM
accounting log indicates (in terms of whether any files were actually
backed up for the node), and (3) what QUERY FILESPACE F=D reports for
the last backup completion date/time.  This should only be updated after
a successfully completed backup.

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601