ADSM-L

DLT libraries comparison

1996-11-04 17:20:27
Subject: DLT libraries comparison
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:20:27 -0600
We are looking at getting a DLT library.  At present time we are looking at
the ACL 4/52 from ATL and a Timberwolf 9714 from Storage Tek.  I am intrested
in what kind of experiences people have had with these libraries.  If anyone
who has used these could give me some information on the follow:

        - How do they perform?
        - How reliable are they?
        - How long does it take to get serviced or what it the down time?
        - What type of problems have they had?

Please send responses to me and I will summerize if I get enough replies.

Also are there other libraries that are compairible in size.
        - 4 to 6 DLT tape drives.
        - 50 to 100 tapes in library.

Chuck T.