ADSM-L

Windows 95 Client seems to go to sleep

2015-10-04 18:12:49
Subject: Windows 95 Client seems to go to sleep
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 10/31/96 4:37PM
Yes - this is a known bug.  It is actually a series of three separate problems
that are not yet completely resolved yet.  Polling method behaves exactly as
you described; there are a series of keys, such as ctrl, esc, etc that cause
it to go to sleep.  If you don't wake it up, it will miss the scheduled
backup.  If you minimize the DOS window, the problem still can occur if you
hit caps lock.

The solution suggested was to use prompted scheduling, but this doesn't work e
ither under the level 3 client.

Prompted scheduling does work under the level 5 client, but the install
problems have been well documented.  The polling schedule process problems
with going to sleep is still an open problem.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com