ADSM-L

Data spanning multiple tapes

1996-10-31 19:46:00
Subject: Data spanning multiple tapes
From: Steve Wilson <SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:46:00 PST
I was saving a copy of the output of a SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE * command and
stumbled on the fact I had several tapes which a  Q VOL command said had
data but did not show up on the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE * listing.    When I
 listed the contents of the volume using a Q CONTENT volname F=D, COUNT=10
it shows a single file with the segment number of 2/2.    I am assuming that
this file spanned two tapes and is now an orphan.    Or the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE
command does not recognize the second segment.      Does anybody know if
this is actual data or data that is just hanging around.

If it helps, here is my configuration:

Server:        AIX 4.1.4
Software:      ADSM 2.1.0.9  &
          enhanced ADSM 2.1.0.3    (STK Device Drivers)

Thanks in advance for the help

Steve Wilson
Wa. State Dept of Info. Services
stevew AT dis.wa DOT gov