ADSM-L

Cannot define tape libarary

1996-10-31 17:35:08
Subject: Cannot define tape libarary
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:35:08 -0500
We're running ADSM v2.1.0.1 server--just patched it to this version.  I'm
trying to define a DLT4700 drive at the dsmc> prompt.  I enter...

  def libr dltlib0 libt=scsi devi=/dev/lb0

The system (after several seconds) comes back and whines that there was an
I/O problem talking to the device.  The device (lb0) is defined correctly
via smit and is shown as available.

Suggestions before I call support?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development