ADSM-L

Re: upgrading from 2.1.0.7 to 2.1.5.10

1996-10-31 17:12:44
Subject: Re: upgrading from 2.1.0.7 to 2.1.5.10
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:12:44 -0500

>      Ann, also remember that the 2.1.5.x stuff is for an SMP environment
>      where the 2.1.0.x stuff is for a single processor box.  I've heard you
>      can run 2.1.0.x in a SMP environment but you need to bind it to a
>      specific processor... We've been running 2.1.0.x but just got a couple
>      new SMP boxes and will be putting on 2.1.5.x within the week so
>      currently I can only comment on what I've heard about 2.1.5.x
>      later
>           Dwight

Can someone fill me in.  I am late to the discussion.  I am running adsmserv
2.1.0.8 on a SMP box (J30 with 4 processors).  Nowhere in the documentations
does it say that this is for a mono-processor.  I didn't have to bind it to a
specific processor.  I am new to ADSM so I can't tell if performance is
degraded.  Do I need to call IBM support and get 2.1.5.x now?  We ordered
ADSM for a J30 a few months ago and IBM sent us 2.1.0.6.  Why is that?

Thanks in advance.

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                Internet : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399