ADSM-L

Daylight savings time bug

1996-10-31 14:49:04
Subject: Daylight savings time bug
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:49:04 EST
I can tell you with 100% certainty that this fix definitely was in
level 5 (I wrote it, checked it in, and built the PTF package).

Some of the associated documentation (readme files, retain, etc.)
may of not reflected it.

One thing I didn't mention about the fix and should have is that
you have to still have to run incremental backup once with the
fix (on FAT drives) in order to avoid it happening again.

The reason for this is that the fix involved storing the date/time
of FAT files in a different format on the server (I won't get into
the details, it involves UNC time format vs. DOS date/time format
converted to the local format).

Because of this each file has to backed up again so that new date
format will be stored on the server.

I backup all of the NT and Win95 machines (eight) in my NT domain
with ADSM, and most of them are still running level 5 code, and
the problem definitely is fixed.

I apologize if this wasn't clear.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development