ADSM-L

Configuration Options

1996-10-31 10:34:08
Subject: Configuration Options
From: Tony Arsneault <arsneaut AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:34:08 EST
     Hello ADSM Family:

     We are a brand new user of ADSM. We have the server installed on an
     AIX platform and now are trying to determine the best storage
     configuration to use. We are planning on backing up approximately 100
     clients (NT,HP-UX,AIX,NOVELL NETWARE,OS2) approximately 200 gig of
     data. Here are some of the questions we have:

     1. How much disk storage do other ADSM users have allocated for backup
        pools? Does it make sense to dedicate 300 gig of disk space to a
        primary backup pool to allow a full volume and a certain number of
        incrementals to reside there for instant access?

     2. What other options do we have? A small amount of disk and send most
        to tape using Collocation? How exactly does collocation work and is
        it a good alternative?

     I would love to hear how other users are actually using ADSM and how
     they manage their backup data. What type of storage is used and how
     you have it set up to accomplish your goals?

     My email address is  ARSNEAUT AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG

     Thanks,

     Tony.