ADSM-L

Backing up remote drives from service

1996-10-30 14:10:11
Subject: Backing up remote drives from service
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:10:11 EST
The problem is that the System account doesn't posses any Domain
authority and I'm not sure if it is possible to give the local
System account this authority via User Manager for Domains.

I seem to remember that MS changed the way this worked in NT 3.51
and above.

If it isn't possible to authorize the System account you can get
around the problem by changing the account the service logs on as
to a  domain authorized account such as Domain Admin from the
Services Control Panel.

Hope this helps ...

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development