ADSM-L

Re: IKJEFT01

1996-10-30 18:17:30
Subject: Re: IKJEFT01
From: Phil Thomas <phil.thomas AT ASPECT.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 15:17:30 -0800
Frank Rehor wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use a batch TSO job executing IKJEFT01 in order to route
> query commands to a flat file but have not had much success.  If anybody
> has an example of a job stream to do this, especially how the actual
> command is coded in the SYSTSIN dd statement, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank Rehor
> frank.rehor AT clorox DOT com
> 510 847 4814
> 510 847 4859 (fax)

Frank,

As an "old" hand at MVS, if a command uses the standard TSO output
interface (PUTLINE), then, when running IKJEFT01 in the background, then
the output is written to the SYSTSPRT DD statement.

Thus...
//RUN  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSTSPRT DD whatever you want
//SYSTSIN  DD *
command1
command2
   :
//

The output of commands "command1, command2, ..." is in the file SYSTSPRT.

Hope this helps,

Phil Thomas
Aspect Computing
Australia