ADSM-L

Microsoft Windows Client Install

1996-10-28 14:14:05
Subject: Microsoft Windows Client Install
From: Otto Schnirer <otto.schnirer AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:14:05 -0800
I have reviewed prior discussions of client installs, but none seemed to
confirm or negate that the Microsoft windows client could be run from
the LAN (i.e. the executables being only installed once on the LAN, with
of course, the DSM.OPT and logging files being maintained on the
client). Is any organization doing this successfully?  For our
installation, we also have AFS / SAMBA potentially for Windows95. Has
any one tried to run the client from SAMBA?  If they won't run that way,
why? And is IBM providing for it in the future?

--
Otto J. Schnirer                  Computing and Network Services,
Otto J. Schnirer                  Computing and Network Services,