ADSM-L

Re: ADSM accounting or user chargeback

1996-10-24 11:57:06
Subject: Re: ADSM accounting or user chargeback
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:57:06 EDT
On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:37:33 -0500 Bohnsack, JA Jim 6030 said:
>We would like to find out what other shops do about charging for the ADSM
>service.

We charge a flat rate for the first 200MB, and then a cost/MB for anything
beyond that.  Most workstations are covered by the first 200MB, tho we will
probably need to increase that limit as time goes on.  This is also a
somewhat arbitrary scheme, subject to abuse, etc.  We felt that data stored
was a reasonable metric for allocating costs back to our users.  It's not
perfect.  We did want to keep the pricing algorithm as simple as possible.

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601