ADSM-L

New ADSM version?

1996-10-23 14:04:03
Subject: New ADSM version?
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:04:03 EDT
From: Mike Knight, ISSC Aerospace, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:26:18 -0400, Tom Denier asked about,

>I have read announcements 996-268 and 296-402 several times each, and it
>still looks like they are telling me that ADSM for AIX Version 2.1 is
>being withdrawn from marketing and replaced by ADSM for AIX Version 2.1.

I checked the sales manual on IBMLINK and it appears they are
splitting the features for all ADSM server products into different
products used for distributing or marketing bundles of workstation
software.  Announcement 996-268 says, "This repackaged version ...".
It looks like exactly the same software and costs.  Announcement
296-402 lists new model numbers 5801-AAR through 5809-AAR with some of
the features on each product.

This is not official, just what I see on IBMLINK.  IBMLINK isn't even
up to date since I can only find the old product in the configurator.
We are getting management approval today to buy 5765-564, I hope we
issue the P/O before the 11/12 cutoff.  :-)

     Mike (Just another user) Knight