ADSM-L

32 bit client locks station

1996-10-21 11:44:08
Subject: 32 bit client locks station
From: Hilde Gesch <GESCH AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:44:08 EDT
Hi everybody:

Our ADSM VM server is V1 Rel1 Level 15 and runs on an IBM Mainframe
(9121-320 under VM/ESA 1.2.2).
On the workstations we use client polling. We run the latest ADSM
32 Bit Windows client under WIN95 e.g..
When initiating the ADSM Scheduler option the machine freezes. Even
a CTRL ALT DEL is not responding to end the task. I have uninstalled
and re-installed the complete ADSM client and still have the same.
problem. I ran an older version of the client for a couple of days.
Instead of uninstalling the old version I just deleted it.

Any recommendations to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Hilde Gesch                            BITNET: GESCH@URIACC
Senior Programmer Consultant         INTERNET: GESCH AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU
Academic Computer Center                PHONE: (401)874-4478
University of RI                        FAX  : (401)789-4040