ADSM-L

Offsite storage problems

1996-10-18 12:18:23
Subject: Offsite storage problems
From: Trevor Matthews <tmatthew AT ISM DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 11:18:23 -0500
We are in the process of figuring out a way to effectively do offsite
storage.  We are using the latest versions of ADSM running on an AIX
platform.  Our primary storage pool consists of a 20 Gig disk array,
with the secondary storeage pool consisting of two DLT4700 libraries.
We
have a 3rd DLT4700 library available for a third storage pool for
offsite
disaster recovery.  Has anyone tried to implement an offsite storage
plan in a
similar environment, and what kind of results/tips do you have?

Is there a way to "mirror" the tape libraries through ADSM?  Our
calculations
show that using copy storage pools a full backup would take 9 days, and
incrementals would take 3 hours/day.....

Trevor Matthews
Information Systems Management
tmatthew AT ism DOT ca