ADSM-L

Help with ADSM & Unix shell scripting

1996-10-18 15:25:12
Subject: Help with ADSM & Unix shell scripting
From: Tom McKnerney <thomas_mcknerney AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 14:25:12 -0500
=20
 All,
=20
 I am attempting to convert historical backups from Epoch to ADSM. I seem t=
o be=20
 having some problems with looping in the bourne shell with ADSM. Could som=
eone=20
 with some experience writing  unix/adsm shell scripts please explain why t=
he=20
 loop works with the dsm archive commented out, but fails with it included?
=20
 ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!! Thanks
=20
 ----- this is a section of the script being run  (#!/bin/sh) -------------=
-----
 ** Note: some of the line spacing is messed due to cutting & pasting
 ** Note: some of the line spacing is messed due to cutting & pasting
=20
=20
 while read FILESYSTEM
 do
=20
      echo "Starting recovery of $FILESYSTEM from date $RECOVERYDATE from E=
poch=20
 system" >>/tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE
      echo `date` >>/tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE
=20
      /usr/epoch/bin/ebcrecover  -c zeus -D zeus -d '/zeus/d10/' -o never \
                  -w zeus_monthly_workitem -T $RECOVERYDATE \
                  -t zeus_monthly_backup_template $FILESYSTEM\/\* >>=20
 /tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE 2>&1
=20
 ## NOTE: THE ABOVE SECTION IS THE RECOVERY PROCESS ##
 ##       THIS WORKS FINE!!                         ##
     =20
        if [ $? =3D 0 ]
        then
=20
            echo "Starting ADSM archive of $FILESYSTEM from date $RECOVERYD=
ATE"=20
 >>/tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE
=20
            dsmc arch -SUBdir=3Dyes -DELETEFILEs -archm=3Dapl_monthly =20
 -description=3D"$ARCHIVE_DESCRIPTION for filesystem /zeus/d10$FILESYSTEM d=
ate=20
 $RECOVERYDATE"  /zeus/d10$FILESYSTEM/\* >>=20
 /tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE 2>&1
=20
        echo `date` >>/tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE
=20
        else
=20
            echo "It appears that the Epoch restore has failed"=20
 >>/tmp/backup_conversion_status_for_$LOGDATE
            exit 1
=20
        fi
=20