ADSM-L

Querying API applications

1996-10-17 17:38:35
Subject: Querying API applications
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:38:35 EDT
Tony, this is a common problem with ADSM api applications.  You can
query what is in an API filespace using a query content command...but I
don't think it will tell you active vs. inactive.

We are currently updating the SQL-BackTrack section of the ADSM redbook,
SG24-4335, and this is one area we want to document.  When an api application
uses a different name each time it sends an object to ADSM, that means that
the object stored on the ADSM server is always active, and hence, never
expires.

Some applications have written special utilities to handle this situation,
for example, DB2/6000.  I am not sure how to handle this with SQL-BackTrack,
but we will be exploring this over the next couple of weeks.
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - San Jose