ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT client install with ADSM IP20863

1996-10-17 17:14:56
Subject: Re: Windows NT client install with ADSM IP20863
From: Russell French <ccrussf AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 16:14:56 -0500
Yes, use SETUP. IBM changed the entire install process.  Watch out for
file placement, the new install sticks everything in new directories and
doesn't clean up anything from the previous install.  The approach I've
taken for Win95 systems is to copy the DSM.OPT file to a temp directory
and uninstall the old version before installing the new and then
copying the DSM.OPT file into the "baclient" directory.  The reason for
the 5 diskettes is because the new release now contains the Administrarive
Client as well as the Backup/Archive Client.

Hope this helps.

Russ French
University of Missouri
ccrussf AT showme.missouri DOT edu