ADSM-L

Re: Stopping the Windows 95 Scheduler

1996-10-17 17:03:51
Subject: Re: Stopping the Windows 95 Scheduler
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 16:03:51 -0500
Dean Roy wrote, in part..
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to allow the 95 client scheduler to
> simply terminate when the user tries to shutdown Windows? ...

Yes!  Insist to IBM, with the rest of us, that this is unacceptable.
It has been mentioned a number of times on this list as an annoyance.

In case designers are listening, almost all our our Win95 machines are
powered off at the end of each day.  WinNT may be used more as a 7x24
machine, but Win95 is not (at least here).

It doesn't matter if there is a manual workaround, unless the
automatic install process does it, as I'm too busy to play on every
workstation and the instructions I must give the workstation operators
is already too complex (Use an editor?!  Move what to the Startup
menu?!).

Good question.

Regards, wayne

Wayne T. Smith               mailto:wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System