ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning drives in a SCSI robot

1996-10-17 20:08:18
Subject: Re: Cleaning drives in a SCSI robot
From: Simon Foster <simon.foster AT NATWESTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:08:18 -0700
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: FOSTER, Simon,  SADS
To:  INTERNET:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Date: 1996-10-17 16:55
Message ID: 3EEA2FABF427D011B0C440000006A509
Conversation ID: RE: Cleaning drives in a SCSI robot

How about scheduling an AUDIT LIBRARY command? We found that works - at
How about scheduling an AUDIT LIBRARY command? We found that works - at
least with the smaller tape units - because every tape (including the
cleaning tape) gets mounted. I admit it's inelegant (the last thing you
want to do when your drive is dirty is run every single tape through it)
but it seems to be our only option...
until this splendid suggestion for DEFINE CLEANTAPE is implemented.

Simon Foster
System Services
Distributed Systems
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: (+44/0) 171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: (+44/0)
802 187593>
Fax: (+44/0) 171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3
Internet: simon.foster AT natwestuk.co DOT uk