ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/AIX messages

1996-10-16 18:55:31
Subject: Re: ADSM/AIX messages
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 18:55:31 EDT
On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:49:18 +0100 Francis Dequenne said:
>That works OK for us except that:
>2)      dsmadmc -console has a very bad habit of cutting messages in multiple
>lines, even if working in a batch environment, which makes it difficult to
>capture a "whole" message. (IBMers, is there a way I do not know to overcome
>this?)

Francis,

We do something similar, except that we are processing the output from
DSMC QUERY ACTLOG.  You can determine whether a message has been cut, or
"wrapped" because the wrapped part will not start with "AN".  We then
simply append the wrapped part to the first piece, and then look at the
full message text.

An example of this code, in Rexx, is available on index.storsys.ibm.com
in adsm/nosuppt/daily.actlog.filter.  Look for the function called "getline:"

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601