ADSM-L

Re: Uncl: incremental by date

1996-10-16 16:21:26
Subject: Re: Uncl: incremental by date
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 15:21:26 -0500
Item Subject: Uncl: incremental by date
     Should be in the manuals but... Incrementalbydate will limit the
     possible files for backup based on the date time stamp found
     associated with those files... example... you use the date 10/01/1996
     in an I.B.D. then adsm will only look at the files with dates equal to
     or newer than that date, then only backup those that have changed
     since the last backup... WARNING !!! if you use I.B.D. and install a
     new product, if the install keeps the dates associated with the
     creation of the objects rather than the dates which they were written
     to YOUR disks then you stand the chance of NEVER getting a backup of
     those files....
     later
          Dwight