ADSM-L

Re: problems with Webshell

1996-10-16 15:41:56
Subject: Re: problems with Webshell
From: David Killingsworth <david_w_killingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:41:56 -0500
     Yeah, That fixed our problem alright.

     We had 3 drives C, D, and E.  C and D were both labeled os2.  We were
     only backing up the E: drive, so that was the only drive in the Domain
     for each node.  Once we decided that we would backup a directory on C,
     and put C and E in the Domain, we had a unsuccessful backup.  ADSM saw
     C and D, even though D was not in the domain...we had duplicate
     volumes.  I labeled each one differently and our ADSM client problem
     went away, and we were also able to use Webshell.

     Incidentally, the problem with webshell, was that the E drive was
     labeled E DISK (that's E "space" DISK)  I guess it got confused.  Once
     I relabeled the drive EDISK, with no space, and did and incremental
     backup....I could see everything I needed to with my web browser.
     Before that however, I could not do a restore with my web browser, and
     even got a system error on the server, trying to enter the correct
     directory in the space provided on the client ADSM web page.

     Thanks a million for your support,
     David