ADSM-L

Recovery log filling up

1996-10-15 14:03:49
Subject: Recovery log filling up
From: Mike Kaczmarski <kacz AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:03:49 -0700
Mark Bryant GBZURMBT writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > We are running ADSM on MVS. Since we migrated to V2.1 we have had a problem
 > with the recovery log in normal mode filling up and when it reaches 100% no
 > new transactions are allowed to start. IBM have this problem recorded as
 > APAR PN88852 and are still working on a fix. As a temporary solution they
 > say to issue a chkp command which should empty the log. I can't find this
 > command in any of the manuals. Can anyone enlighten me?
 >
 > Thanks

The CKPT command is not a documented command and was originally placed
in the product for testing or sevice use.  It does nothing more than
force a checkpoint (tranaction state information) to be written to the
recovery log.  The command can be used until PN88852 is closed.  Some
customers are scheduling this command to run perodically.

Mike Kaczmarski