ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!!!

1996-10-14 10:12:48
Subject: Re: HELP!!!!
From: Don Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 09:12:48 -0500
Thanks every one for there suggestions.  I bumped BUFPOOLSIZE from 4m to 16m and
it seems to be working better.  It still ran for 3 days and did not complete, so
I am thinking of bumping it up to 32m.  During the process I used omegamon to
view what ADSM was doing.  And saw that it was plowing through the database
cylinder at a time.  One time I watched it go through over 1,000 cylinders of
database to delete less then 500 enteries.  Is this how it is suppose to work?
Does anyone know how it determines to delete an entry and where to go to do it.
I was told by the support center that ADSM maintains a table with expired
entries. (Of course we cannot view this table or scan it)  I know it expires
based on NODEname but to me it would be better based on DATABASE name.  I wonder
how many times during expiration that ADSM reads through the same database?  I
just think there must be alot of unnecessary I/O happening during this process.
But I really appreciate this forum I have gotten many ideas just reading these
updates.  Thanks and you all have a good week....