ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-10-11 13:39:24
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 13:39:24 -0400
Classification:
Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM SSD
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm50
Internet: mikedile AT us1.ibm DOT com
Epilogue: Regards,
Mike Dile

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:50:35 -0500 Owen Crow <crow AT SUGAR-LAND.MIS.SLB DOT

wrote:

>1. Problems with dsm.opt configuration:

>This problem only occurs on my Windows 95 machine. I install the only the
>Administrative client into either the default directory or one of my
>choosing. I then set the DSM_DIR environment variable in autoexec.bat to
>the subdirectory "./saclient" under the install directory so dsmadm can
>find the DSCAMENG.TXT file installed there and reboot. When I start dsmadm
>I get this error:

>        ANS5501E File 'c:\adsm' not found.
>        ANS8002S Due to this error, processing cannot continue.  This graphical
>user interface will shut down.

After the installation of the Admin client on Windows 95/NT
it is not necessary to set DSM_DIR.  If you do set DSM_DIR, it's been my
experience that you need to specify the entire path to the client directory,
i.e. SET DSM_DIR=c:\adsm\saclient

>2. This may not be a bug, but it's an annoying feature:

>When I open the processes Window in the server object, the status field
>does not word-wrap. I can increase the size of the column until I hit the
>edge of the window, but there is often truncated text.

As a work-around you can resize the processes window to make it larger.
This will allow you to further increase the column size.  When the view
is wider than what can be displayed in the container, you'll see
horizontal scrollbars appear.  We're looking at the default size of the
columns you mentioned and will make appropriate adjustments in the default
width. We don't have any current plan to make the columns or headers wrap.

>3. Under the Storage Pool Volumes window in the View->Sort by menu, all the
>sorts after Number of Mounts are broken. It appears that the sort on Number
>of Writable Sides was omitted and everything is off by one column.

>For example, if you sort on Number of Write Passes, it actually sorts on
>Date Last Written.

>If you sort by clicking on the column heading, it works correctly.

This is a bug.  We will try to get the fix in the next PTF (fix).

Mike Dile
ADSM Development
mikedile AT us1.ibm DOT com