ADSM-L

A: HPFS TO NTFS RESTORES

1996-10-10 04:03:44
Subject: A: HPFS TO NTFS RESTORES
From: "WEBO@MT0004 (O.Weber)" <othmar_weber AT E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:03:44 EDT
Hi Jerry,

I had a similar problem some month ago. Restoring an OS/2 filespace I
received the same error message. After some testing I found out that the
problem occurred using wildcards. I reduced the problem to five files
(i.e. x.a, x.b, x.c, x.d, x.e) which could not be restored using the
command "RES x.*" but restoring each seperately worked. I told this
problem to IBM. I took traces an so on, but they could not really help
me. After one week (perhaps after inventory expiration) the problem did
not occur anymore. I put it to our X-files.

Hope this helps.

Othmar Weber, Bayer AG, Germany