ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!!!

1996-10-09 23:45:07
Subject: Re: HELP!!!!
From: "Paul C. Beck" <beckpau AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:45:07 EST
Addressed to: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
              Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM

** Reply to note from "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 14:30:03 -0500

> Is anyone having/have had a problem getting the expiration process to run.

   We have 7 ADSM/2 V1.2.9 servers (P-66, IBM 9595's) with approx. 4GB
databases.  We run
expiration daily - midday - and it runs 2-4 hours.

   Expiration does impose a significant load on the server - particularly other
database
intensive tasks.

   When we notice expiration running at a critical time - like when we have a
large restore
in progress - we cancel the process.

22:39:40    10/09/96
22:39:40    10/09/96