ADSM-L

AIX disaster recovery (fwd)

1996-10-08 08:55:56
Subject: AIX disaster recovery (fwd)
From: Steve D'Angona <dangona AT TREX.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:55:56 -0400
I would also be interested in this information.

In my wishful opinion, a very nice new feature for ADSM would be to contruct
a bootstrap diskette (or set of diskettes) for each supported client that
could be used to restore the entire client system from. Gee this would be
nice for the server too;-)

>The IBM ITSC at SanJose is currently running a residency collecting and
>testing as many client DR "bare-metal" restores as poss. We'll be
>publishing
>a redbook on this soon. I hope to have material available on an "as-is"
>try
>and see basis within the next two weeks - I'll add your name to the
>interest
>list. We're in the middle of AIX tests at the moment.
>Pat Randall ITSC
>>Date:         Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:52:39 -0500
>>Sender:       "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>>From:         John Lardinois <lardinoi AT PIONEER.STATE.ND DOT US>
>>Subject:      AIX disaster recovery
>>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
<ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA>>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

>>I'm looking for information on disaster recovery of an AIX client.
>>Is it possible build bosboot diskettes that start enough tcp/ip and
>>a command-line adsm client?
>>
>>All suggestions and pointers welcome.

Steve
dangona AT nist DOT gov