ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and MS-Exchange

1996-10-04 08:30:45
Subject: Re: ADSM and MS-Exchange
From: "Meyer, Rolf" <Rolf.Meyer AT HAMBURG.REEMTSMA.ATLAS400 DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:30:45 +0200
=0C
     on10.9.96 Cyndie Behrens wrote:

     > However, a customer in NYC does have an updated version of backup =
exec
     > from Seagate that does allow backup to a file, and then they are u=
sing
     ADSM
     > to back up the file.  The contact in seagate I've spoken with says=
 this
     > backup exec enhancement is not part of the GA product, and only tw=
o or
     three
     > customers have it.  Here is a seagate contact if you want to follo=
w up
     > on this for your shop: Deborah Noble, dnoble=A7smg.seagate.com.
      407-333-7714.
     > I don't know what if they will offer this to other customers.

     We tried to get in contact with this address - no response. Has anyo=
ne out
     there other experiences?

     > In the meantime, ADSM development is working with Microsoft to pro=
vide
     > a better solution for MS-Exchange.  No details can be provided at =
this
     time.

     What about now? We are actual planning to move from MS-Mail to MS-Ex=
change
     and need a backup solution very soon.

     Greetings from Hamburg.

     Rolf Meyer
     email: rolf.meyer AT hamburg.reemtsma.atlas400 DOT de