ADSM-L

Re: Temporary Novell Connection Failure

1996-10-03 17:38:09
Subject: Re: Temporary Novell Connection Failure
From: Bob Thornton <bobt AT NETNET DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:38:09 -0700
Jerry, what we were told is that the TSA nlm's that shipped with
LIPUP8.EXE from Novell have a problem with ADSM.  We have since installed
 LIPUP9.EXE's files, but Novell didn't ship any TSA files in this update.
 I haven't seen anything yet on a SMDR update from Novell yet that might
include newer TSA nlm's.
     I was told by someone on this service that the problem would be
fixed in the next release of the ADSM client.  This was back around the
middle of August?  I was able to download the latest client last night,
but I haven't had a chance to get it installed on the servers to see if
it fixes the problem.

     Also, not sure who posted the question about backing up long files
spaces on the Novell server.  What we do in an NCF files (Novell's server
batch files) is load the TSANDS.NLM, TSA410.NLM, TSADOS.NLM and the
TSAOS2.NLM before loading the DSMC.NLM and it seems to work fine for us.
 Though I can't really tell what the files are that get backed up with
the long file name, the backup logs don't seem to show any problems on
the volumes that are supporting the long files spaces.

Hopefully this will help ....... Bob T

Jerry Lawson wrote:

> ---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes
> ---------------------------
> From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
> Date: 10/3/96 5:33AM
> To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
> *To: *Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L at SNADGATE
> Subject: Temporary Novell Connection Failure
>
> Bob -
>
> You should be loading the TSA NLM just before you load ADSM.  On a NetWare 3.x
> system, it is either TSA311 or TSA312, depending on your release.  On a
> NetWare 4.x system, it is TSANDS.NLM. I am not familiar with TSANDS, but the
> TSA31x NLMs also autoload SMDR.NLM.
>
> If you are trying to remotely attach to a server - the TSA modules must also
> be loaded on those machines.
>
> Jerry Lawson
> jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

|  Bob Thornton            |   Schreiber Foods, Inc.      |
|  Bob Thornton            |   Schreiber Foods, Inc.      |
|  Network Administrator   |   P.O. Box 19010             |
|  Email: bobt AT netnet DOT net  |   Green Bay, Wi.  54307-9010 |
|                          |   Phone: (414) 437-7601      |