ADSM-L

ADSM in an SMP environment...

1996-10-01 17:04:37
Subject: ADSM in an SMP environment...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:04:37 -0500
     Once again, I'm ignorant... and will grovel at the feet of any who
     wish to come to my aid...

     RS/6000's (SMP) and ADSM 2.1.5.x AND ADSM 2.1.0.x

     Is there any binding of tasks to a specific processor with ADSM
     2.1.5.x in a SMP environment?

     I remember some folks mentioning backing off 5.x to 0.x...
     Is there any problems with running ADSM 2.1.0.x in a SMP environment,
     say on a R40 ? (Ok, R40's are kind of new so let's say any SMP box)

     I'm happy with adsm 2.1.0.9 but it has been seen that a larger engine
     than the 591 & 59H that we are running on could be beneficial in our
     environments... some user feed back would be nice before our next
     major purchase of hardware.... Oh, the existing environments are not
     being removed... there is just a few more terabytes in need of backup.

     later
          Dwight
                always grateful for your views
                                              Cook