ADSM-L

Incremental by date

1996-10-01 11:47:59
Subject: Incremental by date
From: Massimo Orlandi <Massimo.Orlandi AT CHINF.MAIL.ABB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:47:59 +0000
Hi ADSMer
=0AJust one question ...  With the define schedule command I can set=
 the action to perform in a scheduled session, such as
incremental, selective, restore, command, and so on .... Depending o=
n this setting, the ADSM-Client knows what to do.
=0AWhat I want our Novell-Clients to do, is to perform partial incre=
mental backups (incremental by date) from monday 'til friday and
"full" incremental backups at saturday and sunday. This should be do=
ne by using the cantral scheduler feature of the ADSM-Server
rather than starting incremental sessions from the client each day. =
But I can't find how to manage this. As far as I know the
define schedule command does not have a action=3Dincrbydate or somet=
hing similar..? Or does the command option -incrbydate apply also
for the load dsmc schedule command on the client ?
=0AThanks and Kind Regards
=0AMassimo
=