ADSM-L

Re: ANS5xxxxX messages

1996-09-27 11:19:11
Subject: Re: ANS5xxxxX messages
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:19:11 -0500
     For those who mentioned they disliked all the text in option files
     distributed with PTF upgrades now is a good time to point out:
     IT'S YOUR DOCUMENTATION !!!  We all know programmers hate to document,
     that's why there are technical writers... I have noticed that the
     folks involved with ADSM do a fine job in making info related to a new
     modification level available either in "text" format files (such as
     the .opt file) as comments or in executables via the HELP cmd... and
     hey, by using HELP you don't have to open another window for bookmgr
     ;-)
     later
          DWight

adsm> help ANS5624E
ANS5624E  UNKNOWN SYSTEM ERROR.
ANS5624E  UNKNOWN SYSTEM ERROR.
EXPLANATION:  A communications error occurs that is not recognized by the
administrative client.
SYSTEM ACTION:  The client session is ended.
USER RESPONSE:  Contact your service representative.
adsm> help ANS5519E
ANS5519E  UNABLE TO ESTABLISH SESSION WITH SERVER.
ANS5519E  UNABLE TO ESTABLISH SESSION WITH SERVER.
EXPLANATION:  The administrative client cannot start a session with the
requested server.  This message is preceded by another message that explains
the reason for the error.
SYSTEM ACTION:  The administrative client session is ended.
USER RESPONSE:  Attempt to correct the error.  If the problem persists,
contact your service representative.