ADSM-L

Re: ADSM reclamation control and batch command

1996-09-23 12:17:25
Subject: Re: ADSM reclamation control and batch command
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:17:25 PDT
Eric van Loon asks:
 Subject:      ADSM reclamation control and batch command

>I want to control the time ADSM kicks off reclamation. I can't find in the
>manuals how you can control this. Is it possible? I'm running ADSM for MVS
>version 2.1.09.

You can issue UPDATE STGPOOL poolname RECLAIM=100 to turn it off, and
UPDATE STGPOOL poolname RECLAIM=<n> to turn it on (<n> is less than 100).

>I also would like to know whether it's possible to rerout the command output
>when issueing a command from MVS. This I would like to know so I can monitor
>the ADSM database size.

You can't redirect output from a command when it is issued from the ADSM
server console. You must do it from the admin client. If you want to automate
on MVS, you can execute the TSO Admin client from a TSO batch job, from which
you can redirect the output with the -OUTFILE option of the DSMADMC program.
The JCL is pretty much the same as the JCL you use when you log on to TSO
interactively, except you run it in batch. SYSTSIN data is the DSMADMC command
followed by options and the admin command you want to run, i.e.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support