ADSM-L

Re: Sharing of StorageTek Silo

1996-09-20 16:27:53
Subject: Re: Sharing of StorageTek Silo
From: Simon Foster <simon.foster AT NATWESTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 13:27:53 -0700
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: FOSTER, Simon,  SADS
To:  'INTERNET:adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU'
Date: 1996-09-20 13:19
Message ID: EC1B5346BD12D011B0C140000006A509
Conversation ID: RE: Sharing of StorageTek Silo

We have just started testing out this setup. We have NetTape & NetTape
We have just started testing out this setup. We have NetTape & NetTape
TLC (Tape Library Connection) on our AIX server to enable ADSM to see
some of the silo's drives. We also have LCF (Library Communications
Facility) and Library Station (a plugin to HSC) on the mainframe side.
These enable the AIX box to be a 'network client' of HSC, and request
access to drives and tapes. I only got the system set up yesterday, and I
haven't quite got it working yet. I can post you my testing results -
unless someone else has already done this.....?

Simon Foster
System Services
Distributed Systems
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: 0171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: 0802 187593>
Fax: 0171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3