ADSM-L

notice of new ADSM PTFs

2015-10-04 18:13:28
Subject: notice of new ADSM PTFs
From: Wendy Alberg[SMTP:WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU]
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Horace -
  Thanks, I think it's great that you announce to the ADSM-L listserv
when new PTFs become available, and it's really great that we can
download the PTFs from an ftp server.

  However, that poor ftp server gets swamped as soon as the notice
goes out. 10 people connect and the rest of us write scripts to
automate our ftp connections and snap up connections as others let
them go. There are mirror sites, but they don't have any more
chance than the rest of us to get connected to the main ibm server
once the news is out.

  How about telling the mirror sites quietly before the general
note to the list, so they can get the new stuff onto the mirrors
before the crowd comes to break down your doors and shuts them out?
      - Wendy
Hi there,
Hi there,

  ADSM Client PTF 5 is now available on the anonymous ftp server
(index.storsys.ibm.com).

Horace Tang
htang AT vnet.ibm DOT com

Wendy Alberg                      Phone:  607/255-2672
Network & Computer Systems        Fax:    607/255-6523
Cornell Information Technologies  E-mail: wa10 AT cornell DOT edu
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY    WWW:    http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/