ADSM-L

more on the log space filling...

1996-09-19 13:48:23
Subject: more on the log space filling...
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:48:23 -0600
This is becoming a problem for me.  My log has been filling up daily, and I
done the trick of keeping 200MB or so of 'reduced space' to relieve the log
space constipation.  This is a 'quick' fix, but the log fills up and random
times during the day/night, and I can't always be there to fix it when it
happens.

I have also noticed, much to my dimay, that my console log is not showing me
that the log is filling (the DB space warns you when it gets close).

The log fills up and everything stops working.  I only know when a new client
backup starts up and fails with an error message.  I have even had some
backup stg commands just disapear (q pr does not show them, but the activity
log does not show them ending or terminating!)

Right at this very moment, I am watching my log fill (just this morning it
has gone from 4% to 65.9 %).  The only processes running are backup stg
and a couple of backup clients.

Again I ask, is there some way to flush the log?  Is there something wrong
with R9 on AIX that is causing this?  Should I report this as a bug?

Help.

bob