ADSM-L

Re: Cartridge Drive Utilisation

1996-09-19 07:18:23
Subject: Re: Cartridge Drive Utilisation
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 07:18:23 -0400
Dianne,
        Before Version 2, I used to do this via batch.  You can do this one of
2 ways.

1) Issue the following command via batch
        F ADSM,UPD STGPOOL TAPE RECLAIM=nn
        F ADSM,UPD DEVCLASS CART3480 MOUNTL=n MOUNTR=n

2) Thru the ADSM TSO Admin client - this is documented in the ADSM
manuals

For migration processing, you're limited as to how much you can control
this, especially if your disk storage pool is less than 1/5th the size
of the data you'll be backing up daily.  However, you can raise and
lower the migration thresholds via batch  (i.e. UPD STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL
HIGHMIG=90 LOWMIG=10). It's nice if you can afford to have your disk
storagepool large enough to hold one night's worth of backups; this way
you have total control over when migration processing runs.

As far as reclamation processing, I'd recommend keeping the threshold
set to 100% at all times and lower it only when you want it to run.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com