ADSM-L

Re: Finding out the location of a file for restore

1996-09-18 17:06:00
Subject: Re: Finding out the location of a file for restore
From: Dianne Sharp <DSHARP AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:06:00 +1200
I haven't had any response from anyone about this.  Can anyone help me?
 ----------
From: Dianne Sharp
To: ADSM User Group
Subject: Finding out the location of a file for restore
Date: Friday, 06 September, 1996 5:45PM

We are shortly implementing ADSM for MVS Version 1 and I am trying to
find out whether it is possible to find out which tape volumes a file or
files reside on for restore purposes.

We will be changing to Version 2 in a few months, but in the meantime,
we have a problem with offsite copies due to the amount of data we wish
to back up.  We can't do an Export for offsite purposes because of time
constraints, so we were thinking of moving our tapes from the library to
a fireproof safe as an interim measure.  The problem is that if a
restore is required, we would need to know in advance which tapes will
be used.  I can't seem to find this info in the manuals.