ADSM-L

Backing up Macintosh files on NT Server

1996-09-18 15:14:21
Subject: Backing up Macintosh files on NT Server
From: "Stephen K. Rhoads" <rhoads AT MAIL.MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:14:21 -0400
I am using the 32 bit ADSM client for Win95/NT (Version 2, Release 1, Level
0.3) on an NT 3.5.1 server.  The readme for the client has this to say
about backing up Macintosh files:

"Backing up Macintosh files (via NTAS File Services for Macintosh) is not
currently not supported.  This feature will NOT be available in the initial
release of the client.  We will *try* to make it available in an upcoming
PTF."

Two questions:

1.  Am I using the newest version of the client?  I could not tell from the
FTP server and do not know where else to look.

2.  What is a PTF and has one been released that allows backing up of
Macintosh files?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Stephen