ADSM-L

Vraag voor de ADSM-L LISTSERV

2015-10-04 18:13:28
Subject: Vraag voor de ADSM-L LISTSERV
From: BOB_DELISSEN (INTERNET.BOBDELI1) at SWIFTGATE
To: Marc Van den Wyngaert at JanBeBeCCM04
Date: 9/17/96 5:48AM
 1. All backups are scheduled
 2. Oracle backups are performed by
    scheduled Unix scripts (or Rexx on NT and Netware)
 3. Central (MVS) checking of success/failure using a
    REXX procedure on a 'scheduled event' list.

All is going rather well, except for 1 important issue :
If the scheduled event is a client script, then
it is shown as 'completed' (and result field = blank)
even if the client script found an error situation.

We know return codes are not documented, and there are plans for
'Central Logging', but we would like a (temporary) solution now.

We only need a 'trick' that a client script could use to
force eg. any non-blank value in the result field in the
(detailed) event list, that our MVS REXX procedure will pickup.
We need it on HP-UX and NT (and Netware, to a lesser extend).

A possibility would be to put a 'wait' in the client script
and force a timeout, but we're interested in other ways.
Did anybody find other solutions ?

Regards