ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and APPC through CM/2

1996-09-16 13:02:39
Subject: Re: ADSM and APPC through CM/2
From: Scott Cumbie <Scott_Cumbie AT USAIRLN.USAIR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:02:39 -0400
Eric,

In CMSETUP, if you go to the SNA connections and the display to connection you
have defined to MVS, you will find a checkbox called "Activate at Startup".
You want to UNcheck this box.  If the box is checked, then CM/2 will establish
the connection at startup  only.  If the connection is lost, then the
connection will not be reestablished.  By unchecking this box, then CM/2 will
attempt to establish the connection anytime the connection is required and not
already established.

Scott Cumbie

Eric van Loon writes:

Hi ADSM-ers!
I have OS/2 clients connected to a MVS servers through APPC (until we have
TCP/IP for MVS installed of course!). We see the following problem after a
network switch:
The communication is lost and will never be back until I manual intervene. The
cause is that the logical link has been deactivated and one has to activate it
manually (via Subsystem Management, SNA subsystem, Logical links, Activate).
After that the communication is re-established by ADSM.
Has anyone seen this before and knows a way to fix/bypass this?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon