ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-09-13 14:22:40
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 14:22:40 EDT

> You might want to check out the new NetTAPE product for AIX.  It can
> be an external library manager for ADSM for AIX, so that tape drives
> and libraries can be shared among systems and applications.
> Cyndie Behrens
> IBM - San Jose
> 408-927-3627
>

>The announcement letter only mentions AIX workstations being able to
>share libraries.  Could you point me to someone or something that
>gives more information?

There is a new redbook we just finished, AIX Tape Management, SG24-4705
that's in the process of being stocked in mechnisburg.  This book has
includes implementating NetTAPE with and without ADSM.  NetTAPE is an
AIX only solution right now, but they are considering other unix platforms
as well as NT for next year.

If you try and order the book now and they can't find it, just wait a little
while....it will show up on the ordering systems any day now.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - San Jose