ADSM-L

ADSM announcements

1996-09-12 17:38:35
Subject: ADSM announcements
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 17:38:35 EDT
> fyi...here is a very brief summary of some of the most recent
> > adsm announcements...greg tevis

YMaterial deleted"
> * Oracle backup agent for AIX
> * WWW client
YMaterial deleted"

>Where can I get more detailed information about these two products. I have
>run an assortment of keyword searches against the announcements database
>on the IBMLink Web server, and have never turned up an announcement title
>that had any obvious connection with either product. I have also looked
>at the "What's New" section of the the IBM storage Web server and not
>found anything immediately recognizable as a reference to either product.

The Oracle Backup Agent for AIX is described in the redbook, "Using ADSM
to Back Up Databases, SG24-4335" (although we called it the Oracle Access Pack)
at that time.  We also discuss it in the ADSM database whitepaper which is
on the ADSM ftp server. Detailed implementation will be in the updated
redbook that we will be working on in October.

The actual Oracle Backup Agent code is on the ADSM ftp server for test and
evaluation purposes at no-charge.  When it GA's later in the year it will be
a priced feature.  The agent is actually part of the 2.1.5 level of the AIX
client on the ftp server.  It will automatically install as part of your
installation of the API code.  The AIX 3.2 version is IP20847 on the ftp
server, and the AIX 4.1 version is U44094 on the ftp server.
Some fixes to the client are being worked on, so you might want to wait
for an update planned for next week before downloading.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - San Jose
408-927-3627