ADSM-L

Re: NetWare TcpMSSinternetlimit option

1996-09-12 16:00:15
Subject: Re: NetWare TcpMSSinternetlimit option
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 15:00:15 EST
     FROM   :   Christian Moser
                M001CC.CMOSER
                Christian Moser at BE2006

     DATE   :   09/12/96
     SUBJECT:   Re: NetWare TcpMSSinternetlimit option

     Hi Paul,

     sorry for answering so late, I have been on vacation.

     We use that option and adsm indicated a better transfer rate although
     the elapsed time for incremental backup did not change dramatically.

     The NetWare 3.12 machine is located in another segment than the adsm
     server and it has the level of TCPIP as stated in the README file. So
     it makes sense to use the option.

     The NetWare administrator needed to add the SYS:\ETC\TCPIP.CFG file
     with that one line with the TcpMSSinternetlimit OFF option.

     Kind regards
     Christian Moser,              Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     at SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719

FROM   :
INTERNET.PSZ1
psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU

DATE   :   08/14/96
SUBJECT:   NetWare TcpMSSinternetlimit option

In the ADSM README file for the NetWare 2.1.0.3 client, there is a
paragraph that suggests you put the TcpMSSinternetlimit OFF option into
your SYS:\ETC\TCPIP.CFG file for higher performance.  We cannot find such a
file, nor can we find reference to such a file in the Novell manuals.

If someone has used this option successfully, can they clue me in on where
this option goes?  Thanks.

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757 Cornell Inform