ADSM-L

Re: NODE Name & IP match...

1996-09-09 15:27:57
Subject: Re: NODE Name & IP match...
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 15:27:57 EDT
On Mon, 9 Sep 1996 12:31:22 -0500 Dwight Cook said:
>     Does anyone know how to find out what IP address ADSM associates with
>     a node name...?

Hah!  Good luck!  As far as I know, ADSM does not store the IP address for
a node anywhere in its database.  The only thing I could figure for this is
to issue a netstat command when the node happens to be connected.  If there
are multiple nodes connected, there's no good way (that I know of) to figure
out which session is associated with which connection.

It might be nice if ADSM would record the IP address somewhere, either in
the accounting record, or as part of the "session started" message (ANR0402I).

..Paul