ADSM-L

ADSM and MS Exchange support

2015-10-04 18:13:27
Subject: ADSM and MS Exchange support
From: Steve Wilson[SMTP:SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV]
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
We have a customer who is moving from Office Vision to MS Exchange =
(client
server mail) on NT around the first of the year and asked if ADSM can =
backup
this product.   I'm concerned that ADSM may not allow us to do proper
backups of MS Exchange while MS Exchange is up and running.  A URL at
Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/boes/bo/mailexch/exch/technote/backrest.=
htm

contains a paragraph in the "General Notes" section which says ...

"An enhanced version of the Windows NT NTBACKUP.EXE program ships with
Microsoft Exchange Server. One of the great benefits of Microsoft =
Exchange
and the
new NTBACKUP.EXE is that they provide for live backup of the Microsoft
Exchange Information Store and Directory without interruption to the
messaging system.
NTBACKUP.EXE also provides file based backup services and will back up =
the
Windows NT registry."

Sound suspicious.   First of all does ADSM support MS Exchange,  if not =
will
it in the near future.   Does anyone have any experience backing up the =
MS
Exchange product.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Wilson