ADSM-L

DB Backups

1996-08-30 12:05:43
Subject: DB Backups
From: Rick Tsujimoto <rtsujimoto AT CUSA.CANON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:05:43 EST
     I've been looking at the ADSM V2 database backup features (full vs.
     incremental) and rollforward logging mode.  The basic ideas are great
     but they still preserve the same sort of restrictions when it comes to
     tape management.  The restriction of only being able to control the
     prefix of the tape data set name is really a pain.  I would like to be
     able use generation data sets with my MVS server.  Also, does ADSM
     delete the volume info of the previous full backup when another full
     backup is taken?  What happens if the current full backup tapes are
     damaged?  Has anyone encountered these issues and, if so, what did you
     do about them?

     Thanks.

  *  Rick Tsujimoto                                   *
  *  rtsujimoto AT cusa.canon DOT com                        *
  *  tel: 516-328-4554                                *
  *  fax: 516-328-4369                                *