ADSM-L

AW: Node Rename 102

1996-08-30 03:26:06
Subject: AW: Node Rename 102
From: "Meyer, Rolf" <Rolf.Meyer AT HAMBURG.REEMTSMA.ATLAS400 DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:26:06 +0200
=0C
     Dear Jerry and all other ADSM-friends,

          thank you for your entry to this list. I hope, some IBM-guys re=
ad
     through it to the end.

     I had a similar problem restoring files backuped up from a NOVELL se=
rver (of
     cause FAT) to a DOS/WIN-client (also FAT). No chance!!!!

     So I join your requirement to let us restore every file from every p=
latform
     to another platform.
     I think, it is the responsibility of the user, to read the files and=
 if the
     format isn't compatible, then it's his/her problem.

     Best regards

     Rolf Meyer
     Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken GmbH
     D-22605 Hamburg
     email: rolf.meyer AT hamburg.reemtsma.atlas400 DOT de
     Rolf.Meyer